Dmitry,

We rely on Spring Framework when we start Ignite node from XML configuration. Spring doesn't easily support another formats of configuration files. I think, the main reason for this is built-in ability to validate configuration via XML Schema. We can surely hack this around (I bet there are existing libraries for configuring Spring with JSON), but I don't think that anyone suffered from inability to statically configure Ignite with json/yaml.

Regarding thin clients: makes sense. I suppose necessary mappings will be implemented as a part of thin client.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov