The change list page is a good offer. As for the versions, it's clear that
the protocol version differs from an Ignite one. However, a next protocol
version officially becomes available with a next Ignite release meaning.
For me, it means, all the new protocol changes need to be documented on a
readme.io page for an upcoming release.