Vladimir,

Not sure I see the point of 2 release policy.
It is not very good both for users and developers.

* Developers still have the burden on maintaining multiple protocol versions
* Users are quite limited with version choices

We should either go with a full-blown versioning so any client can work
with any server,
or don't bother with compat at all, IMO.

Pavel