Hello, Stuart.

I like your idea.

> 1. Ignite BinaryObjects, in which case we’d need to supply a Spark Encoder
> implementation for BinaryObjects
> 2. Kryo-serialised versions of the objects.

Seems like first option is simple adapter. Am I right?
If yes, I think it's a more efficient way comparing with transformation of each
object to some other(Kryo) format.

Can you provide some additional links for both options?
Where I can find API or(and) examples?

As a second step, we can apply same approach to the regular key, value caches.

Feel free to create a ticket.