It depends.

CRC is a CPU-intensive operation, while WAL logging and page store write
are mostly about IO speed.

In the same time, it can make the huge impact on machines with fast IO and
slow CPU. So if we can apply change proposed by Evgeniy and Alexey it could
benefit performance because we save CPU. Later we can use it's power in a
more efficient manner (e.g. with compression).