On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 2:01 AM, Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dima,
>
> Putting index pages in separate region is wrong approach, because data
> pages may be equally important on certain workloads, especially in
> heap-organized databases, such as Ignite

Never seen a use case where the data page was more important than the index
page. I think we are getting into a hypothetical land. Most Ignite users
are having the reverse problem - index pages get evicted in the same way as
data pages.

Currently, we are solving it in a most awkward way by trying to give index
pages a different eviction policy. A right solution would be to stick them
into a different region and control the eviction policy for the index
region separately from the data region.

D.