Dima,

"cache-less" means that SQL executed directly on SQL engine.

In previous version of Ignite we execute queries via cache:

ignite.cache("Some cache").sqlFieldsQuery("select ... from ..")

In current Ignite we can execute query directly without using cache as
"gateway".

And if we execute query directly, metrics not update.