Roman,

I worked recently on rebalance improvements and haven't found any problems
with delayed cache rebalacne.
Agree with you - let's uncomment this and remove scary comment. Will you
create a ticket for it?

In case of any problems we can easily detec deadlock with newly configured
`FailureHandler`.

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 03:49 Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> I have some issues with a cluster with rebalance delay enabled, but need
> to check more -- if I find it's related I'll share.
> Just wanted to make sure it's not an issue anymore from someone working on
> rebalancing. We should remove that comment then, it looks scary :)
>
> --
> Roman Shtykh
>

> On Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 12:49:00 a.m. GMT+9, Maxim Muzafarov <
> maxmu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello Roman,
>
> Did you faced with real issue of delayed rebalance or it's just only for
> your personal interest?
> If yes, please, share details and we will try to help you.
>
> As for this comment I don't think he is actual. That change was in 2015.
> Much has changed
> within rebalance process since that time. I've uncommented it and
> rechecked with that
> cache configuration and haven't seen any failed tests or issues.
>
> Probably, that problem was about cache in SYNC mode does not start util it
> loads all data
> from other nodes. But currently delayed rebalance works the same way as
> IgniteCache#rebalance(),
> so you can `setRebalanceDelay` to `-1` and call it manually to check.
>
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 11:19 Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> Igniters,
> I have found "Known issue, possible deadlock in case of low priority cache
> rebalancing delayed" comment in
> GridCacheRebalancingSyncSelfTest#getConfiguration.Can you please explain
> when using rebalance delay can be an issue and why?
>
> -- Roman

> Maxim Muzafarov

Maxim Muzafarov