Maxim,

I have looked through your algorithm of reading partition consistently.
And I have some questions/comments.

1. The algorithm requires heavy synchronization between checkpoint-thread
and new-approach-rebalance-threads,
because you need strong guarantees to not start writing or reading to chunk
which was updated or started reading by the counterpart.

2. Also, if we have started transferring this chunk in original partition
couldn't be updated by checkpoint-threads. They should wait for transfer
finishing.

3. If sending is slow and partition is updated then in worst case
checkpoint-threads would create the whole copy of the partition.

So, what we have:
-on every page write checkpoint-thread should synchronize with
new-approach-rebalance-threads;
-checkpoint-thread should do extra-work, sometimes this could be as huge as
copying the whole partition.