Igniters,

I am currently trying to teach my thin client (pyignite) a new trick
called “Best effort affinity”.

I have been told that this feature is being implemented in the private
branch [1], so I checked it out, built it, and gave it a go.

The handshake goes as expected, I have actually managed to read the
node UUID. But on any subsequent request the server disconnects and
shows the following on its console:

[ERROR][client-connector-#60][ClientListenerNioListener] Failed to
process client request [
req=o.a.i.i.processors.platform.client.cache.ClientCacheGetOrCreateWithNameRequest@43e45ce3
]
java.lang.NullPointerException

The full dump is in attachment.

Since I am not authorized to create an issue in the repository I was
using, I have to address my question to this list. If anybody involved
in server-side implementation of best effort affinity is reading this,
please tell me am I doing something wrong, or it is an actual bug? How
can this issue be resolved?

[1] https://github.com/gridgain/apache-ignite/tree/ignite-iep23
[18-Feb-2019 18:53:10][ERROR][client-connector-#60][ClientListenerNioListener]
Failed to process client request
[req=o.a.i.i.processors.platform.client.cache.ClientCacheGetOrCreateWithNameRequest@43e45ce3]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.client.ClientConnectionContext.checkAffinityTopologyVersion(ClientConnectionContext.java:200)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.client.ClientResponse.encode(ClientResponse.java:111)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.platform.client.ClientMessageParser.encode(ClientMessageParser.java:403)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.odbc.ClientListenerNioListener.onMessage(ClientListenerNioListener.java:198)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.odbc.ClientListenerNioListener.onMessage(ClientListenerNioListener.java:48)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterChain$TailFilter.onMessageReceived(GridNioFilterChain.java:279)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioFilterAdapter.proceedMessageReceived(GridNioFilterAdapter.java:109)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.nio.GridNioAsyncNotifyFilter$3.body(GridNioAsyncNotifyFilter.java:97)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:120)
        at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorkerPool$1.run(GridWorkerPool.java:70)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)