Dmitry,

Here are the sources, it's used to enable shared memory for communication
SPI: https://github.com/apache/ignite/tree/master/ipc/shmem

Don't remember all of the details why the binary is hosted in GridGain
repository but see nothing wrong here as long as the lib is licensed under
Apache 2.0. In general, talk to your GridGain-mates to get more details and
feel free to share a summary with a broader community.

-
Denis