> Seems, we should have different defaults and even distributions for
> different usage scenarios.

I still do not understand why defaults should be different for embedded and
"traditional RDBMS-like" installations. Having different defaults will
likely confuse users, not make usability easier. Personally, I would forbid
to start Ignite if IGNITE_HOME is not set, but this suggestion was not
accepted by the community.

As far as I know, both rocksdb and SQLite is local only libraries and don't
> have any distrubted features.

See no difference here. Imagine a user starts only one Ignite node for
development or just to play (which, I believe, happes quite a lot) - same
as with local databases. BTW, it is impossible to start SQLite without
database path, so a user either provides a full path, or a relative path
from the current directory - which is an explicit action from a user.

> I agree with you.
> How it happens, that after wide discussion we implemented, reviewed and
> merged wrong defaults?
>
> As I know, we have explicit release only to change this default.
>
> This release is broken, isn't it?

I think this is just a miscommunication. Ilya made a fix which was exactly
what he meant it to be. As for the release - it may have worse usability,
but not more 'broken' as the previous one with the temp directory. At least
the data will not be physically removed after the machine restart.