> Since all thin client operations are inherently async, we should be able
to cancel any of them
It's illogical to have such ability. What should do cancel operation of
cancel operation? Moreover, sometimes it's dangerous, for example, create
cache operation should never be canceled. There should be an explicit set
of processes that we can cancel: queries, transactions, tasks, services.
The lifecycle of services is more complex than the lifecycle of tasks. With
services, I suppose, we can't use request cancelation, so tasks will be the
only process with an exceptional pattern.

> The request would be "execute task with specified node filter" - simple
and efficient.
It's not simple: every compute or service request should contain complex
node filtering logic, which duplicates the same logic for cluster API.
It's not efficient: for example, we can't implement forPredicate()
filtering in this case.