> We don’t discuss your changes and your proposals for the Metric API.

You want say didn't discuss? Actually we did it [1] but you told ok
let's see code :)

> So I don’t think we can make the existence of some PR is an argument to
> introduce(or not introduce) this facade.

You definitely right in case of competition development. But I think
that collaborative development is more effective. Isn't it?

> Moreover, As far as I know, you developing changes for the Metric API for 5
> months without public discussion, for now. Let's start it.

Firsty, with discussion. See above.
Secondly, yes it took a lot of time due to a lot of changes. Is it problem?

> Let’s do the following:
> 1. Review `IgniteMetric` facade and introduce it to the users as an
> experimental API.

It just doesn't make sense. Just commit for commit.

> 2. Discuss your proposal to the Metric API in the separate thread you are
> referencing.

You a re welcome to thread [1] again. But please, take into account.
because discussion is postponed by you it's late enough to discuss
proposed solution. But of course I'll answer on your questions and
will be glade to your comments and suggestions.

> I think we should start a discussion from the simplified explanation of:
> 1. API intentions - What we want to gain with it? What is our focus?
> 2. Simple, minimal example of API main interfaces and desired usages.

All this already described at [1]. You also can take a look on PR (see
MetricSource implementations, there are complex and simple ones).

[1]
http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/IEP-35-Metrics-management-in-Ignite-tp43243.html