Igniters,

Let's discuss approaches for a global announcement/promotion of the
release. I would suggest focusing on a blog post and a community webinar.

The blog post will introduce significant improvements (service grid, thin
clients, new metrics system, ML, etc.) sharing references to documentation
pages with more details.  It will be published on blogs.apache.org in a
format similar to this one -
https://blogs.apache.org/ignite/entry/apache-ignite-2-7-deep. I can work on
it unless anybody else is willing to share the news on behalf of the
community.

Next, the blog post will be featuring a community webinar that is breaking
down a subset of the improvements in more detail. Please see an abstract
below with suggested topics for a detailed overview. @Alexey Zinoviev
<zaleslaw....@gmail.com>, would you be able to present the ML part? @Nikolay
Izhikov <nizhi...@apache.org> or @Andrey Gura <ag...@gridgain.com> would
you like to take over the metrics section? I'll work the attendees through
the items listed in "Sustainable production under high load". We should
target the webinar for the April timeframe.

*Topmost changes in Apache Ignite 2.8 for production maintenance and
machine learning*

*Apache Ignite community rolled out more than 1900 changes in Ignite 2.8
that enhanced almost all the components of the platform. The release notes
go with hundreds of lines trying to catalog the improvements. Join this
webinar led by Ignite community members demonstrating and dissecting new
capabilities related to production maintenance, monitoring, and machine
learning that you do not want to lose sight of:*

   - *Sustainable production under high load: Ignite persistence compaction
   and consistent crash recovery, baseline topology auto-adjustment, no
   interruption of operations for some cluster topology change events.*
   - *Next-generation system for monitoring and code tracing: design and
   usage, exporters configuration (JMX, SQL, OpenCensus) *
   - *Ignite Machine Learning major upgrade: a revised approach for models
   training/evaluation, models importing from Spark ML, XGBoost and much more
     *

-