Igniters, Ivan, Nikolay,

I am strongly against adding confirmation flags to any kind of APIs,
whether we change the deactivation behavior or not (even though I agree
that it makes sense to fix the deactivation to not clean up the in-memory
data). The confirmation should only present in the user-facing interfaces.
I cannot recall any software interface which has such a flag. None of the
syscalls which delete files (a very destructive operation) have this flag.
The DROP TABLE command does not have a "yes I am sure" clause in it. As I
already mentioned, when used programmatically, most users will likely
simply pass 'true' as the new flag because they already know the behavior.
This is a clear sign of a bad design choice.

On top of that, given that it is our intention to change the behavior of
deactivation to not loose the in-memory data, it does not make sense to me
to change the API.