Igniters,

I've recently found that some of our releases were missed at the
Apache announce mail list: 2.6.0 [4], 2.7.0 [5], 2.8.0 [3].

I've contacted the Apache announce list moderators and got the
requirements for our download page [6] (see the message below). I'm
going to update the download page on the Apache Ignite website
according to received instructions using these pages as an example [1]
[2].

WDYT?

Denis,

Do we have maintainer here or I can proceed with this by myself?

Sorry, but the download page does not meet the requirements.

1) There is no link to the KEYS file
https://downloads.apache.org/ignite/KEYS
This is necessary for validating downloaded artifacts

2) No description of how to validate downloads

3) There is a link to nightly builds.
That is not allowed on a public download page, as the builds have not been
voted on.

4) The paragraph introducing the binary artifact says:

"In order to verify the release, we recommend that you download the
official source distribution and verify the signatures of the downloaded
files before opening them."

This does not make sense in the binary section (it belongs in the source
section and/or needs rewording).
Nor is there any description of how to perform the verification.

Please correct the page and resubmit the announce when that has been done.

[1] https://tika.apache.org/download.html
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi
[3] http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/202003.mbox/browser
[4] http://mail-archives.us.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201806.mbox/browser