Hello, Slava, Ilya, Denis.

Thanks for joining this discussion!

> - visor (which is deprecated)

Who deprecated visor and when?
Maybe I miss something?

> - web-console (to be honest, I don't quite understand the status of this tool)

+1.

> I am not against the new tool, I just want to understand the motivation to
> not improve the existing sub-projects.

It's true that, for now, Ignite doesn't have "tool strategy"
I think it's a big issue from the user's point of view.
We should solve it in the nearest time.
Feel free to start this activity.

> - new ignite-profiling (which is a monitoring tool as well, judging by the
> provided link [1] )

The general idea is the following:

1. We should have some profiling mechanism that will generate a node-local
event log
2. We should have a tool that can export events to some third-party system.
This system can be an Elastic Search(Kibana) or Ignite performance report or
Kafka log, whatever.
3. Ignite performance report, in the first release, should be a "static" tool.
    This means we take static logs(that is not rewritten in the analysis time)
and feed them in the script(or tool or control.sh, whatever)
    The script produces static report that can be used for overall performance
analysis.

The primary users of this report is a developer of Ignite based applications
and performance engineers.

Ilya,

> You need to throw in control.sh also, which does some kind of statistics too,
> such as idle_verify.

Please, clarify your idea:
    We should use some info from control.sh to the report?
    The report should be generated by some control.sh subcommand?

Denis,

> Speaking of the probes/statistics collection approach, is it supposed to
> reuse tracing capabilities that are to be added as part of IEP-35?

For now, we don't have any results of tracing development available in Apache
Ignite.
Hopefully, we got some in a couple of weeks.
After it, we can start a discussion of how to merge two improvements.