Ivan,
My opinion the ASYNC rebalancing is a best approach for off-loading 3-d
party store, and it provides consistency.

+1 for deprecation of NONE in the next release - ignore NONE and use ASYNC
instead
For those who require absence of rebalancing for some reason still be
possible to use rebalanceDelay=infinity.

+1 for removal of rebalanceMode in 3.0.
Note what we still require SYNC logic internally for system cache in some
places.

--

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov