I would wait for 3-4 weeks and release the new docs in 2.9. It means that
the release should be announced the first week of September which is not a
huge slip. Moreover, it feels like the testing phase and release procedures
will not be completed sooner.

So, I would suggest contributing 2.9 related page to the new documentation
repository.

Denis

--
-