Hi, Mark, I've created a ticket and assigned on you

Create PR to the main repository according the next schema
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute
process is described in the chapter " Git Process "

Keep in mind next coding guidelines
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Coding+Guidelines#CodingGuidelines-JavadocComments

We have automated checks for part of them as a part of the CI.

As a reference PR you could have a look to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12383 related to the distances.
Good luck!
Alex