Hello.

Custom affinity functions can cause weird bugs and data loss if implemented
wrongly.
There is an intention  to keep a backup filter based on user attributes
(with additional validation logic to ensure correctness) for controllable
data placement.

Can you describe more precisely why you had to implement custom affinity
functions and not resort to default rendezvous affinity + backup filter ?

--

Best regards,
Alexei Scherbakov