Folks, I think this is a reasonable request. I thought about this when I
was drafting the IEP, but hesitated to add these types right away.

> That is how it works in Ignite since the beginning with .NET and C++ :)
I have some doubts that it actually works as expected, it needs some
checking (will be glad if my concerns are false):

   - It's true that equality check works properly, but for SQL range
   queries it will break unless some special care is taken on Java side: for
   u8 255 > 10, but in Java (byte)255 will be converted to -1, which will
   break the comparison. Since we don't have unsigned types now, I doubt it
   works.
   - There is an obvious cross-platform data loss when "intuitive" type
   mapping is used by a user (u8 corresponds to byte type in .NET, but to
   avoid values loss, a user will have to use short type in Java, and Ignite
   will also need to take care of the range check during serialization). I
   think we can even allow to try to deserialize a value into arbitrary type,
   but throw an exception if the range is out of bounds.

Overall, I agree with Andrey's comments.
Andrey, do you mind updating the IEP once all the details are settled here?