Igniters,

I'm excited to announce that the first alpha build of the Ignite 3 is out
and available for download!

Ignite 3 is the new project that was initiated by the Ignite community last
year. Please refer to this page if you want to learn more:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+3.0

The just-released alpha build is a sneak peek into the future of Ignite. It
doesn't represent a fully-functional product (no discovery, caches,
compute, etc.), but demonstrates major mechanics of how you will interact
with Ignite going forward.

The main goal of the release is to gather feedback from the community so
that we can adjust further development if needed. That said, I would ask
and encourage everyone to go through the Getting Started Guide [1] and play
with the build. If you have any questions, issues, concerns, wishes,
requests, or any other thoughts, please reply directly to this thread. We
will carefully accumulate all the feedback and make sure it is considered
going forward.

Another opportunity to share your feedback will come closer to the end of
January when we will have a virtual meetup. I will present a quick demo of
the alpha build, after which we will have an open discussion. Please stay
tuned - I will send a message here when the meetup is scheduled.

-Val