I do not like Java's CompletableFuture and prefer our own Future (revised
IgniteFuture).

My understanding of the Future (or Promise) pattern in general is having
two separate APIs:

   1. Server-side: create, set result, raise error, cancel from server.
   2. Client-side: get result, handle error, cancel from client

Java's CompletableFuture looks like both the client-side and
server-side API. The "Completeable" prefix in the name is already confusing
for a client since it cannot "complete" an operation, only a server can.

I would create our own IgniteFuture adding client-side functionality we
currently miss (like client-side cancellation).

пт, 26 мар. 2021 г. в 01:08, Valentin Kulichenko <

--
Best regards,
Alexey