> Does you vision of evolutionary improvement involve technical debt addressing

Yes, of course.

My vision was the following (from the bird eye):

- 2.20 - removals of LOCAL caches, MVCC and other abandoned features. (User API
doesn’t change).
- 2.30 - replace static XML configuration with the new dynamic approach.
- 2.40 - replace H2 SQL engine with the Calcite

etc.

Versions depends on feature readiness.

Anyway, I step back with the initial Ignite3 development, because, don’t want
to interfere the progress.

Respect to the developers who have courage to develop such complex things from
scratch.