Hi,

Tried this again recently and still experiencing the same error. I've
attached a copy of all my shell commands and output.

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 6:34 PM, Joseph Koshakow <kosh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Though I just upgraded to the most recent version. It's still failing but
> seems to be making it one step farther. I see from the emails that there's
> some issues with the current build so I'll just wait until that's all
> resolved. The output from my most recent attempt is below if you have a use
> for it.
>
> Loading custom schemas OK (Took: 0 min 40 sec)
> Started Loading functional-query data in background; pid 22229.
> Loading functional-query data (logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_
> loading/load-functional-query.log)...
> Started Loading TPC-H data in background; pid 22230.
> Started Loading TPC-DS data in background; pid 22231.
> Loading TPC-DS data (logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_
> loading/load-tpcds.log)...
> Loading TPC-H data (logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_
> loading/load-tpch.log)...
>     FAILED (Took: 25 min 51 sec)
>     'load-data tpch core' failed. Tail of log:
> INVALIDATE METADATA tpch_kudu.region
>
> (invalidate-tpch-core-impala-generated.sql):
> INVALIDATE METADATA tpch_kudu.orders
>
> (invalidate-tpch-core-impala-generated.sql):
> INVALIDATE METADATA tpch_kudu.customer
>
> (invalidate-tpch-core-impala-generated.sql):
>
>
> (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-kudu-none-none.sql):
> INSERT INTO TABLE tpch_kudu.lineitem SELECT * FROM tpch.lineitem
>
> (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.lineitem SELECT * FROM tpch.lineitem
>
> (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.part SELECT * FROM tpch.part
>
> (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.partsupp SELECT * FROM tpch.partsupp
>
> (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.supplier SELECT * FROM tpch.supplier
>
> Data Loading from Impala failed with error: ImpalaBeeswaxException:
>  Query aborted:Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out: Failed to
> write batch of 21493 ops to tablet 5c5c917295d642edb9cdbe152f3283d9 after
> 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table: 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
> partition-key: (<start>), attempt: 1 } failed: Client connection
> negotiation failed: client connection to 127.0.0.1:7051
>
> Error in Kudu table 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem': Timed out: Failed to
> write batch of 21537 ops to tablet e9f68f0ee8e945ebb7630947169a6c34 after
> 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table: 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
> partition-key: (HASH (l_orderkey): 2), attempt: 1 } failed: Client
> connection negotiation failed: client connection to 127.0.0.1:7051 (1 of
> 21494 similar)
>
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/impdev/Impala/bin/load-data.py", line 179, in
> exec_impala_query_from_file
> (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
> INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.nation SELECT * FROM tpch.nation
>
>     result = impala_client.execute(query)
>   File "/home/impdev/Impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py", line 173,
> in execute
>     handle = self.__execute_query(query_string.strip(), user=user)
>   File "/home/impdev/Impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py", line 341,
> in __execute_query
>     self.wait_for_completion(handle)
>   File "/home/impdev/Impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py", line 361,
> in wait_for_completion
>     raise ImpalaBeeswaxException("Query aborted:" + error_log, None)
> ImpalaBeeswaxException: ImpalaBeeswaxException:
>  Query aborted:Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out: Failed to
> write batch of 21493 ops to tablet 5c5c917295d642edb9cdbe152f3283d9 after
> 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table: 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
> partition-key: (<start>), attempt: 1 } failed: Client connection
> negotiation failed: client connection to 127.0.0.1:7051
>
> Error in Kudu table 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem': Timed out: Failed to
> write batch of 21537 ops to tablet e9f68f0ee8e945ebb7630947169a6c34 after
> 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table: 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
> partition-key: (HASH (l_orderkey): 2), attempt: 1 } failed: Client
> connection negotiation failed: client connection to 127.0.0.1:7051 (1 of
> 21494 similar)
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 6:34 PM, Joseph Koshakow <kosh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 8302608bdff15d6e8af324fc885dd0a8c2b44a5d
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 12:41 AM, Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What commit hash is checked out?
>>>
>>> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:23 PM Joseph Koshakow <kosh...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> > Host OS is Ubunto 16.04.3 LTS. Docker OS is also Ubuntu 16.04 as per
>>> > instructions. I have 202.61Gb of free space in the host environment
>>> > (304.58Gb size total). I'm not sure how to check how much space is
>>> left in
>>> > docker containers but the size of the one created for this is 97.81 Gb.
>>> >
>>> > -Joe
>>> >
>>> > On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:15 PM, Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
>>> wrote:
>>> >
>>> > > What is the host OS? What is the docker OS? How much space is left on
>>> > disk
>>> > > in each environment?
>>> > >
>>> > > On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:05 PM, Joseph Koshakow <kosh...@gmail.com>
>>> > > wrote:
>>> > >
>>> > > > Hi,
>>> > > >
>>> > > > I've been trying to set up my development environment using docker
>>> by
>>> > > > following the following instructions: https://cwiki.ap
>>> > > > ache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Docker+for+Impala+Developers
>>> > > > I'm able to get to the step where you run `source
>>> > > > ~/Impala/bin/bootsrap_development.sh`. Everything runs fine until
>>> I get
>>> > > > to this part:
>>> > > > Loading TPC-DS data (logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/data_
>>> > > > loading/load-tpcds.log)...
>>> > > >
>>> > > > That hangs for about 30 minutes and then prints the following (Also
>>> > > > attached) before hanging again indefinitely until I quit out. I've
>>> > tried
>>> > > > multiple times and even deleted the docker image and started over.
>>> Any
>>> > > > ideas?
>>> > > >
>>> > > > FAILED (Took: 26 min 21 sec)
>>> > > >     'load-data tpch core' failed. Tail of log:
>>> > > > INVALIDATE METADATA tpch_kudu.nation
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (invalidate-tpch-core-impala-generated.sql):
>>> > > > INVALIDATE METADATA tpch_kudu.region
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (invalidate-tpch-core-impala-generated.sql):
>>> > > > INVALIDATE METADATA tpch_kudu.orders
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (invalidate-tpch-core-impala-generated.sql):
>>> > > > INVALIDATE METADATA tpch_kudu.customer
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (invalidate-tpch-core-impala-generated.sql):
>>> > > >
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
>>> > > > INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.lineitem SELECT * FROM
>>> > tpch.lineitem
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-kudu-none-none.sql):
>>> > > > INSERT INTO TABLE tpch_kudu.lineitem SELECT * FROM tpch.lineitem
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
>>> > > > INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.part SELECT * FROM tpch.part
>>> > > >
>>> > > > (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
>>> > > > INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.partsupp SELECT * FROM
>>> > tpch.partsupp
>>> > > >
>>> > > > Data Loading from Impala failed with error: ImpalaBeeswaxException:
>>> > > >  Query aborted:Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out:
>>> Failed
>>> > to
>>> > > > write batch of 23532 ops to tablet 3b2c6a27489d43028912a69ca7be8b
>>> 71
>>> > > after
>>> > > > 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table:
>>> 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
>>> > > > partition-key: (HASH (l_orderkey): 1), attempt: 1 } failed:
>>> > > > GetTableLocations RPC to 127.0.0.1:7051 timed out after 10.000s
>>> (SENT)
>>> > > >
>>> > > > Error in Kudu table 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem': Timed out:
>>> Failed to
>>> > > > write batch of 23532 ops to tablet 3b2c6a27489d43028912a69ca7be8b
>>> 71
>>> > > after
>>> > > > 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table:
>>> 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
>>> > > > partition-key: (HASH (l_orderkey): 1), attempt: 1 } failed:
>>> > > > GetTableLocations RPC to 127.0.0.1:7051 timed out after 10.000s
>>> (SENT)
>>> > > (1
>>> > > > of 23532 similar)
>>> > > >
>>> > > >
>>> > > > Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> > > > (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-parquet-none-none.sql):
>>> > > > INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE tpch_parquet.supplier SELECT * FROM
>>> > tpch.supplier
>>> > > >   File "/home/impdev/Impala/bin/load-data.py", line 179, in
>>> > > > exec_impala_query_from_file
>>> > > >
>>> > > >     result = impala_client.execute(query)
>>> > > >   File "/home/impdev/Impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py",
>>> line 173,
>>> > > > in execute
>>> > > >     handle = self.__execute_query(query_string.strip(), user=user)
>>> > > >   File "/home/impdev/Impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py",
>>> line 341,
>>> > > > in __execute_query
>>> > > >     self.wait_for_completion(handle)
>>> > > >   File "/home/impdev/Impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py",
>>> line 361,
>>> > > > in wait_for_completion
>>> > > >     raise ImpalaBeeswaxException("Query aborted:" + error_log,
>>> None)
>>> > > > ImpalaBeeswaxException: ImpalaBeeswaxException:
>>> > > >  Query aborted:Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out:
>>> Failed
>>> > to
>>> > > > write batch of 23532 ops to tablet 3b2c6a27489d43028912a69ca7be8b
>>> 71
>>> > > after
>>> > > > 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table:
>>> 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
>>> > > > partition-key: (HASH (l_orderkey): 1), attempt: 1 } failed:
>>> > > > GetTableLocations RPC to 127.0.0.1:7051 timed out after 10.000s
>>> (SENT)
>>> > > >
>>> > > > Error in Kudu table 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem': Timed out:
>>> Failed to
>>> > > > write batch of 23532 ops to tablet 3b2c6a27489d43028912a69ca7be8b
>>> 71
>>> > > after
>>> > > > 4 attempt(s): GetTableLocations { table:
>>> 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem',
>>> > > > partition-key: (HASH (l_orderkey): 1), attempt: 1 } failed:
>>> > > > GetTableLocations RPC to 127.0.0.1:7051 timed out after 10.000s
>>> (SENT)
>>> > > (1
>>> > > > of 23532 similar)
>>> > > >
>>> > > > Thanks,
>>> > > > Joe Koshakow
>>> > > >
>>> > > >
>>> > >
>>> >
>>>
>>
>>
>

Reply via email to