Hi all,

I'm trying to start a Docker installed instance of Impala but it doesn't
seem to be loading a

I run Impala using this command and the results are below:

> ${IMPALA_HOME}/bin/start-impala-cluster.py

Starting Catalog Service logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/
> cluster/catalogd.INFO
> Starting Impala Daemon logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/
> cluster/impalad.INFO
> Starting Impala Daemon logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/
> cluster/impalad_node1.INFO
> Starting Impala Daemon logging to /home/impdev/Impala/logs/
> cluster/impalad_node2.INFO
> MainThread: Found 3 impalad/1 statestored/1 catalogd process(es)
> MainThread: Getting num_known_live_backends from 99f91397cadc:25000
> MainThread: Debug webpage not yet available.

MainThread: Debug webpage not yet available.

MainThread: Debug webpage not yet available.

MainThread: Debug webpage not yet available.

MainThread: Debug webpage not yet available.

MainThread: Debug webpage not yet available.

> MainThread: Debug webpage did not become available in expected time.
> MainThread: Waiting for num_known_live_backends=3. Current value: None
> Error starting cluster: num_known_live_backends did not reach expected
> value in time

The cluster fails to come up because it can't connect to Hive. I followed
the directions to setup Postgres and that all seemed to work. So I'm not
sure what's going on.

Here's my pg_hba.conf just in case:
# Database administrative login by Unix domain socket
local   all             all                                     trust

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

local all all trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

Here's the stacktrace I get in the logs from
${IMPALA_HOME}/Impala/logs/cluster/catalogd.ERROR

F0408 03:50:09.094816 14442 catalog.cc:85] java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> [...]

>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1694)
>         ... 10 more
> Caused by: MetaException(message:Could not connect to meta store using any
> of the URIs provided. Most recent failure: org.apache.
> thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException:
> Connection refused (Connection refused)
>         at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:226)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.open(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:532)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:297)
>         at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor5.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1694)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.<init>(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:80)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:130)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:101)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:94)
>         at
> org.apache.impala.catalog.MetaStoreClientPool$MetaStoreClient.<init>(MetaStoreClientPool.java:93)
>         at
> org.apache.impala.catalog.MetaStoreClientPool$MetaStoreClient.<init>(MetaStoreClientPool.java:72)
>         at
> org.apache.impala.catalog.MetaStoreClientPool.initClients(MetaStoreClientPool.java:168)
>         at org.apache.impala.catalog.Catalog.<init>(Catalog.java:104)
>         at
> org.apache.impala.catalog.CatalogServiceCatalog.<init>(CatalogServiceCatalog.java:233)
>         at org.apache.impala.service.JniCatalog.<init>(JniCatalog.java:111)
> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection
> refused)
>         at
> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
>         at
> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
>         at
> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
>         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
>         at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:221)

If anyone has a any idea what I'm missing let me know.
Thank you,
Charles