Hi Guo, thanks for floating this idea.  We have not specifically discussed 
Cassandra integration.  I am not familiar with Cassandra, thus I don't have a 
clear picture of the specific use cases for integrating a no-sql database.  
What is your vision for how this integration would work?

Another option would be to use Impala's JDBC table functionality.  It would 
require some setup work to figure out how to do that, but it may fulfill your 
needs.

Thanks,
Jason

On 2026/09/17 06:58:25 guo Maxwell wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>    I'd like to float an idea today: adding support for querying Cassandra
> data from Impala.
> Impala can already query and analyze data from sources like HBase and Kudu.
> I think we could add Cassandra as a new data source to further enrich
> Impala's query and analytics ecosystem.
> 
> As far as I know, if your data lives in Cassandra, the options available
> today are Presto for OLAP analysis [1], Trino for OLAP analysis [2], or
> Spark for offline/batch analysis [3]. I believe Impala should have an
> equivalent capability as well.
> I'd love to hear your thoughts.
> 
> References
> [1] https://prestodb.io/docs/current/connector/cassandra.html
> [2] https://trino.io/docs/current/connector/cassandra.html
> [3] https://github.com/apache/cassandra-spark-connector
> 

Reply via email to