Hi Tim,

To trace the  exploration strategy var at each step leading to the
"test_spilling" test, I put a few print statements for it. I observed that,
once the process flow reaches the impala_test_suite.py the strategy is
changed to 'core'. The logs printed as follows: (logs marked pink)

Waiting for HiveServer2 at localhost:11050...
Could not connect to localhost:11050
HiveServer2 service is up at localhost:11050
 --> Starting the Sentry Policy Server
in buildall.sh before run-all-tests.sh:::::::Exploration strategy=
exhaustive
1st in run-all-tests.sh :::::::Exploration strategy= exhaustive
Split and assign HBase regions (logging to split-hbase.log)... OK
Starting Impala cluster (logging to start-impala-cluster.log)... OK
Run test run-workload (logging to test-run-workload.log)... OK
Starting CC tests:::::::Exploration strategy= exhaustive
============================= test session starts
==============================
platform linux2 -- Python 2.7.10 -- py-1.4.30 -- pytest-2.7.2
rootdir: /home/test/ProjectImpala, inifile:
plugins: xdist, random
default_strategy in impala_test_suite.py::::EXPLORATION STRATEGY=  core
default_strategy in impala_test_suite.py::::EXPLORATION STRATEGY=  core
in conftest.py:::::Exploration Strategy =  core
in test_vector:::::Exploration Strategy =  core
default_strategy in impala_test_suite.py::::EXPLORATION STRATEGY=  core
default_strategy in impala_test_suite.py::::EXPLORATION STRATEGY=  core
in conftest.py:::::Exploration Strategy =  core
in test_vector.py:::::Exploration Strategy =  core
collected 4 items

custom_cluster/test_spilling.py sss.

 generated xml
file:
/home/test/ProjectImpala/ImpalaPPC/tests/custom_cluster/results/TEST-impala-custom-cluster.xml
============== 1 passed, 3 skipped, 1 warnings in 110.42 seconds

Could you please guide me on this issue ?

Regards,
Valencia