I feel like we shouldn't make PPC part of pre-commit at least initially -
it's an unreasonable barrier if contributors/committers to debug issues on
a platform they don't have easy access to. Having the testing infra is
still important because we don't want to have code in there that will
gradually bit-rot without us noticing.