Hi all,

so, the Vote for Apache IoTDB (incubating) 0.8.0 RC1 closes.

The vote results is:
Binding votes: 5 +1, no 0, no -1. BUT one -1 for the binary artefacts.
Non-Binding votes: 1 +1 vote.

As RM I declare the Vote nonetheless as NOT PASSED and suggest to prepare a RC2.
It is not unusual for an RC to be cancelled, in fact this is a regular process
(therefore we have RCs before releases).

I suggest to fix the “major” thing, which is the binary artefacts as reported
by Chris and possibly some minor other things, as reported by Justin and Chris
and then I can prepare a new RC on Thursday on Friday which should pass the
Vote comfortably.

I suggest to send PRs for the fixes to me directly so that I can merge them to
the rel/0.8 branch.

Thanks to all who contributed to the Vote and especially our Mentors for their
engagement!

Julian