In fact, I am working on the hadoop-connector, so I should create a HDFSInput
that implements TsFileInput interface for reading tsfile from HDFS.

And actually, in DefaultTsFileInput, this method is unsupported which you can
see in the following.

@Override
public int read(byte[] b, int off, int len) throws IOException {
}

Not all read methods in DefaultTsFileInput modify the position, such as 'int
read(ByteBuffer dst, long position)’.

So it seems that if you specify the position where you want to start in the
method signature, the method shouldn’t modify the position of TsFileInput which
is consistent with FileChannel’s interface.

Best,
Yuan Tian
School of Software, Tsinghua University

田原