Hi,

[This email should be sent on September 25, 2019, but it has not been sent
successfully due to Netease Master Mailbox Client.]

This is indeed a problem encountered with the Dynamic Parameter Adapter(DPA)
module. More work is needed to make the module better.

Currently, the DPA module estimates a load of each storage group(sg) in the
most pessimistic way, which is the maximum load the sg may have. In most cases,
it indeed exaggerates the current load on the system. If the module tells you
that the system’s load is too large, it actually means that if all sgs have
maximum loads and in this case, you execute the command may crash the system.

Therefore,  the DPA module considers the maximum possible load rather than the
real-time load of the system. which ensures that the system will not be out of
memory, but to some extent sacrifices the availability of the system.  It’s a
trade-off between these two aspects, it’s better to develop a module that
monitors the real-time writing load of the system to cooperate with the DPA
module.

Best Regards,
Tianan Li
School of Software, Tsinghua University