Hi,

    If some users break the limitation,the sync module does not check this
scenario and will not guarantee the correctness. In that case, the cost is too
high if we check for that scenario. Under the existing merge policy, after the
merge process the time range order of the device of the tsfils under the
sequence folder is broken, only the time range order of the timeseries is
guaranteed. So when loading a new tsfile, it is hard to determine whether the
time interval of a tsfile overlaps the data interval of an existing file only
through TsFileResource. If there has overlap, we need to compare the time range
of the chunk with that of that file with an overlapping time range of the
device. In this way, the overhead will increase a lot.
   So I don't recommend checking the scenario under the existing merge policy,
which will increase a lot of overhead.

Best Regards,
Tianan Li
School of Software, Tsinghua University