From: Jesse Zhou <zhou.jes...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 4:24:59 PM
To: dev@iotdb.apache.org <dev@iotdb.apache.org>
Subject: [DISCUSS] Give The “Contributor of The Month” Award a Try

As January ends, I think maybe we can give the “Contributor of The Month”
award a try. Here is my proposal for the measure of the title.

Given that it is our first try of this mechanism, I suggest only take two
indicators into account, which is the code contribution on GitHub( which
will be measured as the amount of code ), and the activity on mail list(which
will be measured as the frequency of sending emails, reply email included).
As for the specific equation, I think we can first standardize the value of
two indicators, then we add the standardized score(Z-score)together and
rank it up.  So, the equation will be “*S=Z(amount of code)+Z(frequency of
sending email)”*

Finally, I suggest that we take the top three as the “Contributor of The
Month”. What do you guys think?

Jesse,

Best