Hello again,
i am in learning mode. I've seen in the Tablet.java an array of Object[]
and i want to know the rational of this. We know that in Java generics are
"fake" due to the type erasure, but is there any possibility to replace
that:

*** deviceId of this tablet */  public String prefixPath;  /** the list of
measurement schemas for creating the tablet */  private
List<IMeasurementSchema> schemas;  /**
measurementId->indexOf(measurementSchema) */  private Map<String, Integer>
measurementIndex;  /** timestamps in this tablet */  public long[]
timestamps;  /** each object is a primitive type array, which represents
values of one measurement */  public Object[] values;  /** each bitmap
represents the existence of each value in the current column. */  public
BitMap[] bitMaps;  /** the number of rows to include in this tablet */
public int rowSize;  /** the maximum number of rows for this tablet */
private int maxRowNumber;  /** whether this tablet store data of aligned
timeseries or not */  private boolean isAligned;*

With restrictions, i mean a primitive type array  wrapper that it doesn't
accept virtually everything
in
- addValue(String measurementId, int rowIndex, Object value)

And replacing addValue with something like

-addValue<T extends Number> ( String measurementId, int rowIndex, T Object);
-addValue<T extends String> ( String measurementId, int rowIndex, T Object);

In this way we could have in the tablet only the 'primitive" types and
using boxing as well.
What do you think?
Best Regards,
Giorgio.