good,we should design a new architecture in next version

---Original---
From: "songbing...@iie.ac.cn"<songbing...@iie.ac.cn&gt;
Date: Wed, Nov 10, 2021 10:47 AM
To: "dev"<dev@iotdb.apache.org&gt;;
Subject: What is the next architecture of IoTDB?

What is the next architecture of IoTDB?

As we know,IoTDB cluster version is based on the standalone architecture and
almost reused all the basic components of standalone version and just add a
multi-raft protocol based on the thrift.

With the application spreading, the performance of the cluster version of IoTDB
is changllaged for many aspects:
the num of nodes in cluster can support, the write and read performance in
multi-replicas,
the linear ratio of read and write in cluster,
the efficiency and smartness of scheduler in cluster based on the dynamic
workloads,
the joint query between time series data and relational data,
the federal cluster query across data centers, AZ and regions and the
spatio-temporal data analysis in one DB etc…

So, I suggest we should make a blueprint for the next architecture of IoTDB and
we can learn the advantage of the InfluxDB.
The InfluxDB has designed the next architecture named IOx and use Fusion as the
next query engine and adopt parquet as the file format etc.

It's time to action, WDYT?

Bruce Song 宋秉华
icloudsong