I see, [1] introduces the reason that reload4j is born.
As it is just a modification in pom file and the project is forked from
log4j 1.2.17, I think it is fine.

BTW, I feel very very confusing why log4j community ends the life of log4j
1
(and in the same time the initial author of log4j 1 forks an independent
project...)

[1] https://reload4j.qos.ch/
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University