+1
as it is most likely other MQTT Brokers are used in an enterprise grade
context.

Additionally, if for some reason some use cases like to shift towards
other protocols such as AMQP or Zenoh it is helpful to have it based on the
architecture to have a "normal" MQTT or other protocol library.

I personally talked about that topic at ASF Community over Code in New
Orleans in 2022. ->
https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/slides/01_Ott_From_Leadingedge_Iotprotocols.pdf
where I listed additional protocols that could be interesting to be
supported. Especially on the edge.

Just my five cents.

Lukas