Hello Yuan

Correct, the first timestamp and values should be retained.

I realise this is does not align with the current design. I was just asking
whether there was an existing option to operate to block duplicates.

In a normal RDBMS if you try to insert with a duplicate the insert will fail
with a PK violation. It would be great in some circumstances if IotDB at least
had the option to fail this way.

I am considering some options such as;

1. Checking before insert if the timestamp already exists and remedy on the
client before resend

2. Moving to Nanosecond and introducing some insignificant time value to keep
timestamp values unique.

I have already done something similar to #2 with storing IIS web log files as
they are recorded in seconds and not milliseconds.

Thanks

Trevor Hart

---- On Tue, 14 May 2024 13:29:02 +1200 Yuan Tian <jackietie...@gmail.com>
wrote ---

Hi Trevor,

By "rejects duplicates", you mean you want to keep the first duplicate
timestamp and its corresponding values?(because the following duplicated
ones will be rejected)

Best regards,
Yuan Tian