Did some further experiments.

If I have no isis.authorization property or deploymentType param defined
then the actions are missing.

If I set the isis.authorization=dflt (old name for bypass) then the actions
show up.
OR
If I set the deploymentType to SERVER_EXPLORATION then the actions show up.

If I set the deploymentType to SERVER the actions are missing.

I guess my main question is should there be a warning message when neither
of these are set that things will be hidden. That probably depends on what
the default settings are for these two properties.

--
Adam