On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Dan Haywood
<d...@haywood-associates.co.uk>wrote:

> On 6 February 2013 02:16, Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan,
> >

> > So, sure, I guess I can look into enhancing QueryAbstract with optional
> > parameters.
> >
> +1

+1 too

> How about a new withPaging(start, count) method, eg:
>
> public class QueryAbstract {

>     public QueryAbstract withPaging(int start, int count) {
>         this.start = start;
>         this.count = count;
>         return this;
>    }
>
> }

Paging is IMHO a concept that lives in the viewer. When it comes to
querying data I opt to adapt the JDO concept "Range" [1] i.e. setRange(int
start, int end) or withRange(int start, int end)

[1]
http://db.apache.org/jdo/api20/apidocs/javax/jdo/Query.html#setRange(long,
long)