Von: Dan Haywood [mailto:d...@haywood-associates.co.uk]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2017 07:31
An: dev@isis.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Incode Platform quickstart feedback

Hi Martin,

thanks for the feedback.  Sounds like there's a couple of things I need to
do:

1. first, the intention of the incode quickstart is NOT as a first-pass to
evaluate the platform; for that we have the new helloworld, which is as
lightweight as I can make it.  Rather, the quickstart is intended to save time
when building a _real_ app that is going to require some of the incode modules,
notably security/auditing etc.  Having this stuff working out-of-the-box will
surely save time compared to the old approach of having to spend several hours
reading through the various isisaddons' READMEs and manually performing their
configuration.

The docs obviously don't explain this well enough, so I'll try to flag this
more clearly.

The docs could also perhaps explain how to safely delete stuff out of the
incode platform that you don't need ... most notably the example modules and
embedded camel stuff.

2. the other purpose of the incode quickstart was to be a single "fixture"
to allow the various modules such as summernote to be worked on, without having
to maintain all the boilerplate of the various isisaddons/ catalog.incode.org
modules that we used to have.  Here I admit there may be some work to do to
make it a smooth for "occasional contributors" such as yourself.

I'll get back to you on that one.

Thanks again for the feedback

Cheers
Dan