I have been following up issue 313 and relative threads in order to try
to use a Datasource with a relative persistence manager.

My concerns are the following:

1) Regarding Marcel's comment:

Comment by Marcel
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=mreutegg>
Reutegger [17/Feb/06 10:17 AM]

What I was trying to say is: the current Simple DB PM uses prepared
statements for all of the DB operations. Those prepared statements are
kept for the full lifetime of the PM and only closed when the PM is shut
down.
A more general DB PM that uses a DataSource (pool) will not be able to
use such long lived prepared statements. After a store operation it
should close (return) the connection. Because the life time of a
statement is bounded to the connection, the PM will have to close the
statements as well and create new ones when the next store() occurs.

What exactly was the answer because it is not so clear from the thread?

Comment by Jukka
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=jukkaz>
Zitting [18/Mar/06 01:33 PM]
.I've added javadoc warnings about the long lifetime of the connections
acquired by the database classes. This should cover Marcel's concerns at
least *somewhat*, but I think that there is a better solution to this
problem as well. Again, more soon on the mailing list.

Does this mean DatabasePersistenceManager closes the statements and
creates new ones when the next store occurs like Marcel observed?

2) So in order to support Datasource I just have to replace
SimpleDbPersistenceManager with DatabasePersistenceManager and
put a <param name="dataSource" value="jdbc/JackrabbitDS"/>

along with

<param name="schema" value="."/>
 <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
 <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>

3) Can I use DatabasePersistenceManager with LocalFileSystem like with
SimpleDBPersistenceManager?

4) Something final; I just took jackrabbit 1.0.1 and these files are not
in there. I can take them fro trunk but why they were not included in
1.0.1? Aren't they considered stable enough?

Thanks.

Regards,
Giota