From: Vishaal Kant
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 8:01 PM
To: 'dev@jackrabbit.apache.org'
Subject: FW: Wild Character Search Query Using XPATH

________________________________

From: Vishaal Kant
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2006 7:56 PM
To: 'dev@jackrabbit.apache.org'
Subject: Wild Character Search Query Using XPATH

I wanted to search my repository on the basis of Wild characters. I have
add files to my repository, I am trying to use XPATH query to find files
in repository.

Following the code segment which I am using for search.

QueryManager qm = session.getWorkspace().getQueryManager();

Query q = qm.createQuery("//HFM_Icon_32.gif",Query.XPATH);

QueryResult result = q.execute();

NodeIterator ni = result.getNodes();

The above code fetches me the file from the repository, but if I want to
do a wild character search for eg. HFM*.gif, what will be query OR what
is the best way to do search using wild characters in jackrabbit.

Thanks,

~ Vishaal