hi shane

On 2/1/07, Shane Preater <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,
I am getting an intermittnet problem with jackrabbit sessions .

Basically everything seems fine but every now and again when trying to
acquire a session the system seems to lock up.

what do you mean by 'lock up'? does the Repository.login call block?
a dead-lock? anyway, a thread dump would help analyzing the issue...

Are there any known issues with either:
1) Sharing sessions using commons-pooling?

2) Doing workspace scoped operations (clone etc) while other people are
performing session scoped operations like saving nodes? These will probably
not both be affecting the same node (Although I can not confirm this but
based on the workflow our users perform it should not be the case) ?

there's a known limitation/issue:
calls to the persistence layer are effetively serialized in order to ensure
data consistency.e.g. large workspace-scoped operations might affect
performance of other concurrent workspace or session-scoped save
operations.

for more details see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-314

cheers
stefan