hi,
we (day software) offer our set of bundle persistence managers to the
jackrabbit project. those pms combine the node and property states
into a single bundle and store them together. this improves
performance and reduces storage-memory overhead (no exact numbers
available). The bundle pms also have a "bundle-cache" that does a
memory sensitive caching of the bundles and a negative cache for
non-existent bundles. small binary properties are inlined into the
bundle rather than stored in the blob store.

i created a jira issue for this [JCR-755]
regards, toby

[JCR-755] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-755
--
T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97