Jukka Zitting wrote:

Hi,

On Dec 20, 2007 10:28 AM, Michael Wechner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jukka Zitting wrote:
I'm not aware of anything that explicitly integrates a virus scanner
with a JCR content repository.
just being curious how to do something like this without having to
implement/customzing one own's persistence manager.
Would this be done through an obeserver/listener?

I would preferably do virus checks on the application level, before
storing the content in a content repository.

I guess this depends on how many applications one needs to maintain

Or even on network level,
before the content reaches the application.

But if you want to delegate that functionality to the repository, I
think the best place for it would be to add a hook in the ValueFactory
implementation for checking all incoming binaries (and large
base64-encoded strings...).

thanks very much for the info

Michael

BR,

Jukka Zitting

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup