On 24 Apr 2009, at 07:51, Felix Meschberger wrote:
Jukka Zitting schrieb:
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Florent Guillaume <f...@nuxeo.com> wrote:
Also I had envisionned the Jackrabbit-specific backend living in the
Jackrabbit project, to simplify inter-projects dependency management (as
Chemistry is an infrastructure project).

Sure, makes perfect sense. The way I see it, Chemistry would contain a
generic CMIS-to-JCR bridge and Jackrabbit would use that bridge to
CMIS-enable the repository. I updated the proposal accordingly.

That the Jackrabbit "backend" resides in Jackrabbit makes perfect sense
to me. How about Chemistry starting off with a first implementation of
that backend, which could then be migrated to the Jackrabbit project
once the interfaces and implementation have stabilized a bit ?

Yes that would probably make things simpler, refactoring-wise.

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo